The Mummy Hat

Which hat are you wearing today?

Nuffnang Header

Thursday, June 30, 2011

The Awesome Post

Lately I've been in a bit of a funk, a two month long bad mood. My housework has been neglected until my OCD kicks in for much longer periods of time than normal, I've barely shopped online except for these and these and four pairs of these which I picked up less than half price at an online sale. I haven't even been trolling ebay for needless stuff.

And then I read this post by the lovely Kirrily of Sunny Side Up. I realised I'd been wasting so much energy being in a bad mood. For months now, I've wanted to pack up and move. I've been craving a fresh start but my husbands job is here, and it's a family business, so we're a little more committed then we would be to another job.

Feeling like I'm trapped was eating me up and spitting me out again. I've watched my close friends close old chapters and start new ones in their lives. I've been jealous. Envious. That Green Eyed Monster really is a son of a bitch pain in the backside.

But what have I done about my life? Not a lot. In some areas, there has been no lack of trying, there are things that are out of my control and I have to accept that, but generally, I've allowed my funk to take over and have done little to stop it.

I've been so blinded by my bad mood I forgot that I have choices too. They may not always be choices that I like, but I still have choices.

Missy Moo goes to daycare on Fridays. I usually spend the day reading blogs running around doing all those jobs that are easier to do when child free. But this Friday, I'm going to sit down and plan for the future so I have a light to guide me through this fog.

The funk stops here. I'm going to take a page out of Barney's book (if you're viewing this via email subscription or in a reader, you'll have to pop on over to my blog to see this AWESOME clip)






What do you do to get out of a funk?




3 comments:

  1. Good for you. There isn't anything worse than feeling like you've lost control of your life. I hope you come up with some awesome plans.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have a sneaking suspicion that Kirrily is in fact an angel sent to make us all lead better lives.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I know the feeling. I've just worked my way out of a funk. How? Swimming against the tide before I spiralled so far down it would be impossible to get out. Hope you're feeling better soon

    ReplyDelete

Nuffnang