The Mummy Hat

Which hat are you wearing today?

Nuffnang Header

Wednesday, March 30, 2011

Bravery

When I think of strength I think of muscles, and then I think of a man.
But the truth is, there are many women who are stronger then even Arnie himself.
Credit here
They fight for their families. For the safety of their children.
They carry on even though they might not know how.
They suffer unspeakable losses and they still, somehow, find the strength to speak.

These women are mothers.

"mother
…a woman in relation to a child or children to whom she has given birth…"

These women blog

"blog
...a personal website or web age on which an individual records opinions, links to other sites, etc, on a regular basis..."

           I'm talking about a tightly woven group of citizens united by web cams, blogs, pod casts and instant messages.

They use their gift, their voice, their hearts, and they touch others. They teach others that silence isn't always golden, sometimes it's dangerous. They put their life out there for people to see so others realise that they are not alone. It teaches the unaware, helps them to understand something a little bit better. It is brave.

Women everywhere are strong. Women everywhere are brave. But this post is dedicated to two women in particular, Kristin at Wanderlust and Lori at Random Ramblings of a Stay at Home Mum.

They are brave.
They are strong.
They are mothers.

And they kick butt at it!




3 comments:

  1. Oh sweetie, thank you! I've been offline for a couple of days and just now saw this. Thank you for your beautiful words. I am humbled. xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  2. P.S. Shared on twitter. Thx again lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  3. In total agreeance with you - These two fabulous girls inspire me greatly x

    ReplyDelete

Nuffnang