The Mummy Hat

Which hat are you wearing today?

Nuffnang Header

Sunday, April 10, 2011

The Pharmacy Files - Ease-a-cold

Ease-a-Cold oh Ease-a-Cold, how you e-e-ease my co-old.
Ease-a-Cold oh Ease-a-Cold how did I ever live without you?
See my details here
Image credit found here
I used to be one of those people who could easily be described as a sickly creature come winter. My nose was always red and stuffy or runny, I was sure to have a cough and probably a sneezing habit as I spluttered my way through winter.

Then I started working in Pharmacy. And it only got worse.

Confronted with sick people on a daily basis, my winter 'sickly creature' description became an all round year round reality.

I got the Flu Shot...
Image credit found here
Well, it hurt mostly because I'm a big baby when it comes to getting needles. But it didn't ease my colds.

At the time, I couldn't swallow tablets, so I started taking a tonic called Olive Leaf Extract.

Great stuff that! Didn't taste the best (it is now available in peppermint flavour so I'd say the flavour has been improved) but it did help me to fight off the common cold!

And then I learnt to swallow tablets and capsules and I found Ease-a-Cold.

There's a whole range of Ease-a-Cold tablets and capsules but I like the one in the dark blue box, 'Cold & Congestion'. I like to keep things simple and this does that for me. It has a good dose of Zinc and Echinacea in the daytime capsules and they've added some Valerian to the nighttime capsules.

Echinacea has been shown to stimulate the immune system, reducing the duration of colds. It also helps by increasing the number of white blood cells, which defend the body against bad micro-organisms.

Zinc is found in every cell of the body. Good levels of Zinc are necessary for the immune system to function properly. Zinc inhibits the growth of lots of viruses including the common cold viruses*.

The second I feel a sore throat coming on, I pump the Ease-a-Cold into me. One capsule, three times a day, and I can usually stop the cold before it gets past the sore throat stage. Mr Hat has to work outside in the cold from 1am until 11am during winter so he used to be another sickly creature during this time but he is no more! He keeps a supply of Ease-a-Cold in his bag, takes it when he feels a cold coming on and Bobs your uncle, he's a much healthier, and much happier husband who very rarely suffers from the Man Flu these days which is a blessing for both of us!

This product would have to be my very very favourite in the whole shop! That says a lot as we sell both New Zealand Ice Cream AND Darrell Lea Chocolate!

So if you are looking for a great product to help stop a cold in it's tracks or to lessen the duration of a cold, try Ease-a-Cold! It has the Mummy Hat stamp of approval!

Do you suffer from colds regularly? What is your sure fire cure for the common cold?

This is the first post of the Pharmacy Files. The Pharmacy Files are compiled of my experience from working in Pharmacy and should not replace advice given to you by your Doctor or Pharmacist. If you are pregnant or taking any other medications, prescription or over the counter,please first consult your Doctor or Pharmacist before taking any supplementary medicine. 

*resource found here
 Echinacea

No comments:

Post a Comment

Nuffnang